O.O.T.D, Church, and Lunch in that order.
Every Sunday me my mom and my sister get up and go to church. We are Christian so we attend Liberty Church in Foley. Well ever since I started online school I don’t get out a lot.(all of my best friends don’t even live remotely close to me, s/o to Isabel and Alex I love you guys !) So I use church as an excuse to be a fashionista.(;
What a better way to show off your outfit then showcase it on your blog?
Outfit and beauty details:
- Hair and face: I did my make up pretty minimal, but hey let me know if you guys want me to do a makeup tutorial! I totally will! My hair is naturally curly but Heres how I care for it.
- Top: Cropped turtleneck top is from Zara! TBH I actually stole it from my sister….plus I don’t know that they sell it anymore but other than that it wouldn’t be a bad Idea to check out the site. It is my FAVORITE…along with J.crew of course!(;
- Bottom: If you know me you know I love a good deal and thats exactly what I got when I bought these pants. They are so stretchy and fit amazingly!!! They also make me feel a bit like Audrey Hepburn.
- Shoes: I bought these shoes forever ago at J.crew. They are just nude leather platforms with a distressed iron clasp and cork heel.
- Accessories: Okay okay remember when I said I like a good deal? I wasn’t kidding. Like I did, you can find both my purse and belt on *drum roll please* TRADESY!!!! It really is an amazing site if you are into high end things with a lower end budget. haha. I have had both the Hermes belt and Louis Vuitton pouchette bag for a few years and they have held up very nicely. Oh and bonus for when I bought the preloved Hermes belt… It was reversible!!! So if you see me with it camel one day and black the other just know that its the same belt! Pretty groovy huh? My watch is Michael Kors. You can’t see it vey well in the picture. I’ll let you know it is my favorite one I have because it is a tricolor watch. Plus its really heavy, which is weird for me because I usually don’t like big watches but this one is too cute AND it goes with almost EVERY SINGLE OUTFIT that I wear!
“By staying small I will remain BIG!”
Liberty Church Foley Campus
Week 1 of “At the Movies”
**** I took these notes during the service. This is what I got out of it. I hope it speaks to you in some way… It sure did speak to me during the service!
Our lesson was called at the movies because Pastor JP used exerts from the movie Cinderella Man to show us examples of what being humble looks like.
To abase the pride.
“Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” You must humble yourselves, therefore, under the hand of the mighty God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him because he care for you. ” 1 Peter 5:5-7
God apposes the pride but praises the noble. So humble yourself under Gods almighty hand.”I will give you favor for being a humble person.”
When he sees you which he does he is watching and viewing your every thought and feeling. He knows how truly humble you are.
Remember it is God that gets all the glory!
Example: When someone compliments you, don’t take it too personal, don’t allow yourself to get prideful. It is god you should be thanking for he is the reason you are yourself.
Don’t despise the depths!
Don’t despise the hard times!
They make you who you are, they help you learn how to be a better you. I can not stress this enough. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, IT IS ALL IN GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU!
When someone says: “How can God ever help me in moments like this?”
You say: ” He is a God like no other! If you are in the need of help he will be there to help and guide you to happiness. You can 100% count on him to be there for you!
The three stages of greatness:
- Finding hope when there isn’t any. Romans 4:18 NIV says “In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, “So shall your offspring be.””
- Move forward and keep it steady. “Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is more be credited to your account. I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be Glory for ever and ever Amen.” Philippians 4:17-20 NIV
- Remember where you came from. “he said to them, “Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of the law. They are not just idle words for you – they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing to the Jordan possess.”” Deuteronomy 32: 46-47
Sometimes things are tough.
It amy seem as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Sometimes in life we wake up just because we think we have to not because we want to. But we have a God who is there to help us through it. For that we must have faith in him.
You need to train! Get into discipline mode. You don’t need to moan and groan, You need to get it together.
Its not about trying to do better that the person next to you its about pulling every ounce of energy (etc) that you have/hold and use it to be the best person you can be!
..that we had. And wow was it good.
If you live anywhere near me or ever find yourself in Orange Beach take a trip to Villaggio. It is hands down one of the best Italian restaurants down here. Besides Cafe Grazie, which is my personal favorite by far.
So anyways after church we headed to lunch. A girls gotta eat, am I right? So I had the Surf and Turf. It was a 8oz Marinated Sirloin, Filo Wrapped Gulf Shrimp, Roasted Red Potatoes ( I subbed for some truffle mash potatoes), Green Beans, Port Reduction. Now it was great but a little disappointing. Now I’m a medium rare kinda girl but then I received my sirloin (that I was oh so excited about) only to notice that it was VERY well done. I mean I’m not complainer but with food its gotta taste good or I won’t eat it but that wasn’t gonna work with my high end meal. hahaha
I mentioned it to our lovely waiter and he gladly took my steak away to bring me a new one to my liking. That he did. HE BROUGHT ME A FILET. A big, fat, juicy filet. I was so happy. he truly made my day. ( I wish I had remembered his name, but s/o to whoever you are, you rock!) Btw everything else was amazing to my sisters oysters to my mom’s salmon all the all the way to the little buttered biscuits they gave us while we ordered. I will for sure be back again and again and again.
After that we did what any other group of girls would do with a free afternoon and headed to Target (ok so we had a list but Target is always fun. No matter why you may be going). My day was very wonderful.
Thank you for reading this, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
P.S. I’ve really began thinking about the whole name thing and I just never thought I would also have be trying getting used to it. I caught myself introducing myself as Regan. Hpmh I guess we know that it will take quite a while. Oh well.
xo Elle, Rae, Regan or whatever