I want to start by saying…
Geez this cheesecake is flippin tasty. I have made this so many times before, even for friends and family too! Haha after an old friend of mine tasted this he insisted that we get married so I can make this for him all the time..true story😅 anyways enough of that you guys didn’t click this reciple to hear me ramble so please enjoy the pictures and if they dont make you wamt to make this beautiful cheesecake asap you must get your eyes checked😉.
KITCHEN TOOLS NEEDED:
* stand or hand held mixer
* parchment paper
* large roasting pan
* big springform pan
*food processor (this is for graham crackers but I just use the graham crackers that are already pulsed)
* 13 ounces if grahamcracker crumbs (the whole box)
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
* 2 tbsp of vanilla bean extract
* 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese (5 8-ounce packages), room temperature NOTE: I use the 1/3 less fat cream cheese!
* 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
* 8 ounces sour cream, room temperature
* 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
* 5 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
* Zest of 1 lemon
* 2 tbsp of vanilla bean paste ( or 2 1/2… It doesnt matter haha I just love vanilla!!!!!!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in lower third of oven.
2. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9- by 13-inch springform pan. Line the sides of the pan with 4-inch-high strips of parchment and butter the parchment.
3. In a food processor, pulse graham crackers with salt and sugar to fine crumbs. Add butter and pulse until fully incorporated. Press evenly into bottom of prepared springform pan and bake until crust is golden brown and set, 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool 10 minutes.
4. In a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, butter, and sour cream with sugar until light and smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Beat in remaining egg yolks, zest, and vanilla extract.
5. Crisscross two long pieces of foil and place a piece of parchment on top. Place springform in center of foil and wrap foil tightly around bottom and sides of pan. Transfer to a roasting pan, pour filling into springform pan, and smooth the top.
6. Pour water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan and carefully transfer to oven. Bake for 1 hour until top of cheesecake is golden brown, edges are set, and center jiggles slightly. Lift cheesecake from water bath, remove foil and parchment from outside of springform, and chill cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
61/2. Okay so this is a bonus step but if you want to you should decorate your cheesecake! I like to make mine look like those variety ones you get at the grocery store because it makes me feel fancy!!! Hahaa or you can just add treats as you eat it and allow people to flavor it as you please.
7. To serve, remove side of springform pan and parchment strips. Cut cheesecake with a long, thin-bladed knife. I have heard of people using floss, I have never tried it but it may be worth it so you dont have yet another dish to wash lol.