Okay so last night my brother was hungry, no surprise here, and I being the motherly 18 year old I am, decided that I was going to make some cookies and the fact that it was 1 am wasnt going to stop me😅.
I will be honest I looked at several different recipes and rules for rising, gooeiness, and crispy factors to come up with the perfect cookie… MY COOKIES RECIPE!!!! So. Here. It. Is.
Makes: 64 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of fine salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 (unsalted) sticks of butter
- 3/4 of white sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste…(extract works too🙄 if you dont have any…please note that its cheap and at Walmart in party supplies!!!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 of (mini, because they are cuter) chocolate chips.( I like GHIRARDELLI❤️😍)
- 1 cup of roughly chopped nuts ( I used half walnuts and half pecans)
- 1 heaping tsp of sour cream! “A dollop of Daisy” (-:
- More pecans but halves
- Fine Salt
- Caramel (GHIRARDELLI!!!)
- More chocolate chips!!!
- Preheat your oven to 375 and transport your oven rack to a lower height (3rd from top is fine) btw do this before its hot.. Lol
- Combine your dry ingredients. Gather the flour, salt, and baking soda into a medium size mixing bowl, and WHISK AWAY!
- Beat the butter in a separate bowl, or stand mixer(I put mine in the microwave for several seconds to soften it up.)
- Add both the white, & brown sugars and the vanilla bean, mix well. (If you must… Taste it now, before you add eggs!)
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- GRADUALLY Add the flour especially when using a stand mixer those things can turn your counter into a mess if you arent careful!🙈
- Add the 3 most important parts… First add that secret “dollop of Daisy” then follow with a quick mix then add your morsels and chopped nuts!
- Drop teaspoon sized cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I fit around 16 on mine!!(2 inches apart id perfect!)
- Put these in the oven for 7 minutes… Add a minute if needed but I find that its not necessarily needed!(: Buuuut it might depend on where you are also!!
- BONUS!!! After these babes come out of the oven you can be extra like me and top them with a half of a pecan, drizzle caramel sauce on top and do a LIL sprinkle of salt!
BAM! If you make these everyone will love you, btw my brother ended up eating like 10, and my dad ate 3(mostly because he isnt a bottomless pit!😉)
IK IK, I am EXTREMELY extra when it comes to food, whatever makes it more aesthetically pleasing, sign me up… I mean who else do you know that puts lipstick on at 2 am just so she can put “kisses” on her handmade labels for her cookies… I mean honestly?!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Aaaannnd I really hope you make these! THEY ARE SO FREAKING CHEWY AND GOOEY AND WARM AND MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOURE AT GRANDMAS!!! If you do make these I want to know! Tag me in your pics or send me an email! Insta: @ciaobellaelle !!! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time, xxo Rae